Payton Ewalt - Supplemental Post #5

I’m so happy that my last supplemental post gets to be about a star sighting I had :) Last week as I was heading to my SWMS class in Annenberg, I saw that a speaker event was set up but paid it no mind since I was entering the building from the back entrance. As I walked to the second level, I swore I recognized the voice of the speaker – I looked down and was immediately floored – none other than Jane Fonda was sitting in Annenberg, in the flesh, talking about climate issues. I ran. I don’t know if my heart has ever beat so fast. The professor from my class was already there and as I slipped into an empty spot next to her, we both gaped at each other in disbelief.

She was just stunningly vibrant. I felt like I could feel the passion radiating from her soul every moment she spoke. She dropped statistics and percentages and historical facts like they were nothing and wove in her own personal anecdotes and stories masterfully. So self-aware and lucid, and so, so beautiful.

I have to admit, of all the Hollywood stars that I’ve been concerningly obsessed with and attached to since I was a kid, Jane Fonda was never one of the main one for me. Even though he’s not my favorite, I’ve seen far more of her father’s movies than hers, but I knew a good amount of her legacy as an activist. And by god, if I wasn’t fan before, I certainly am now. She’s simply magnetic. Just five minutes with her will make you want to attend a rally and start up a movement.

I’m begging everyone to watch her stuff (plug for my favorite ever, 9 to 5) and also look into her activism. One of THE women of all time.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celeste Oon - Core Response #1

Payton Ewalt, Pau Brunet-Fuertes, Devin Glenn - Realist or Naturalist Style